Vegan Creamy Garlic Deep Dish Pizza
Creamy Garlic Deep Dish Pizza
The History behind The Garlic
I have never been the biggest fan of marinara. However, I love pizza, so I always put up with if for pizza. Until recently I was introduced to a couple of new pizza places. The first was a regular old pizza place that we have in my small little town. The second pizza place was this little place that's called Mods Pizza.
The pizza place that we have in my town isn't a very big place but they have 2 things that make it a great place to go to for lunches or for a fast dinner. You can order your pizza online, but the most important thing they have is there Creamy Garlic Sauce which is divine. I like it a lot, clearly. The sauce is not too heavy, nor is it too overpowering. Which makes it a perfect sauce to have on a pizza. Before this, I had never really heard of having a garlic sauce as a pizza sauce. It was a great discovery for someone who isn't the biggest fan of marinara sauce.
Mods Pizza is this really cute pizza place my dad took the family to for his birthday. What makes Mods so great is you can choose from their menu, modify anything off their menu, or build your own. They make it in front of you almost like a chipotle, and it is all the same price no matter what. So I built my own and I choose the garlic rub as my sauce, expecting it to be similar to the sauce that I get at the other pizza place in my town. But as I watched them they literally scooped a spoon full of minced garlic and rubbed it all over the pizza dough. I don't know why I was as shocked as I was because it was called a "garlic rub", but what I thought was going to be way too overpowering, ended up being really good. The garlic really complemented the pizza in the best kind of way.
For Christmas, my boyfriend got me some cast iron pans. We made a mutual decision that the first thing we needed to make was pizza! So I decided to get a little wild and combine the two sauces from the two pizza places and try to create something a little new and delicious. Then the Deep Dish Creamy Garlic Pizza was born.
Time To Get Baked
- 1 1/2-2 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 2 Tbs Butter ( I used Earth Balance)
- 2 Tbsp of Flour
- 2/4 Cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Tbs of finely chopped basil
- 1 1/2 tsp Vegan parmeasan cheese (optional, I used Go Veggie)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Italian seasoning
- Pizza dough
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat, then add flour
- Whisk in almond milk
- Adding garlic, basil, salt and pepper, parmesan cheese, mix
- Lower temperature and bring to a low simmer
- Stirring occasionally
- Once sauce reaches desired thickness remove from hear
- Spread garlic sauce on the dough
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and more basil if you want
- Sprinkle halved olives around the dough
- Top with a handful spinach
- Bake until golden brown
* Add anything you want to you pizza I kept it simple, but next time I make the pizza (which will be soon) I am going to add some sun dried tomatoes because yum!