Vegan Taco Cups
What is good with this finger food?
Having a good party food is important to any young adult. Even if you're like me, who rarely ever leaves the house in the winter. That being said, for the times I do feel like socializing, facing the cold, and having friends over, it is very important that you feed them. This is why you need a perfect finger food that will also fill you up. This recipe is fast and cheap but will have all your friends drooling.
So you have some friends coming over and you know you should be a good host, except you don't want to spend all day in the kitchen. This recipe is perfect for you, it will be fast prep, with little clean up as well. These taco cups are great to pair with easy homemade chips (just use the extra tortilla pieces you cut off when making your cups.) Then BAM! You got yourself a little fiesta in about 30 minutes. Pair it with your favorite beer or cider and you are set to have friends over.
So let's talk about flavor, not only is this a great food to feed your hangry friends, but they are also freakin' delicious. Packed with a ton of flavor all wrapped up in a crunchy taco cup, they are just fantastic. You have the crispy outside and inside is nice and juicy, with a hint of spice. Not too overwhelming so it won't kill any of your weak-tongued friends. Top with some vegan nacho cheese and you are going to be in love.
Another great thing about these is when you wake up the next morning with a hangover and the munchies, you don't even have to drag your butt to taco bell to order off their vegan menu. Just pop some of these leftovers in the microwave and you will be set.
Time To Get Baked
- 1 package of vegan ground beef. ( I used Boca)
- 1 can of diced Green Chilis
- 1 package of vegan taco seasoning
- 1 tsp of vegan butter (I used earth balance)
- 4-8 tortillas (depending on how many you want)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 of an onion
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Make your nacho cheese sauce and set aside.
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut all of your tortillas into squares and cut them again into 4 smaller squares.
- Spray your muffin pan with cooking spray and then line it with you cut tortillas.
- Take the extra tortillas and bake them for 7 minutes each side. (toss with salt)
- In a pan add your butter and your vegan meat.
- When your vegan meat is cooked add the taco seasoning follow directions on package.
- Add chilies, tomatoes, and onions. cook until vegetables are hot and soft.
- Spoon your vegan meat mixture into you tortilla cups.
- Spray the sides of you tortilla cups with cooking spray.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Top with Vegan Nacho cheese.