Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
What's good: Peanut Butter Cookies
Cookies are the perfect stoner sweet tooth cure. They are easy to make and cheap. For most cookies, you'll probably have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. So weather it's a planned dessert or you're making a midnight snack, cookies won't fail you.
When I was younger I didn't look twice at peanut butter cookies. How could I when right next to them would be the delicious, ever famous chocolate chip cookie? I could never turn down the classic. My young brain thought that you needed chocolate in cookies for them to be good. Recently though, I discovered that I've been missing out. Peanut butter cookies are an over looked treasure. I should have known, because how can you go wrong with peanut butter? Well, you can't.
Making these cookies from scratch is definitely worth it. I would say it's a must. Buying the pre-made packets of cookie dough may be in some way "easier" but you will never get a perfect cookie. Take 3 minutes to gather some ingredients, 10 minutes to mix everything up and follow this recipe. 30 minutes later you will be in peanut butter heaven. Biting into a sweet, salty, gooey, soft cookie.
Time To Get Baked
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shorting
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 eggs worth of egg replacement
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking poweder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the peanut butter, sugars, shorting butter and egg replacement. Once you get a crumbly dough like mixture add the rest of the ingredients in. Once you have a sticky dough ball you are good to go.
- Roll into little balls and place on baking sheet. Take a fork and press down on the cookie balls, making a criss cross pattern. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 9-10 minutes.